frist time weight in

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freedom

Please help me understand what is a good weight etc.. I took weights today can you tell me if they are good, ok or not so great? posh female born april 11 2012 so in s couple of weeks she will be 1 year weights in at 521.63 grams pika male born onsept 25 2012 weights in at 589.67 grams look forward to hearing from you. :hmm:

There is no set weight that makes a chin healthy or not. Each chin is different just like people. I watch weights for sudden gains or losses. If they are eating, pooping and acting well then no worries.

Those are considered "smaller" chinchillas by todays standards but not necessarily unhealthy. As mentioned, chins come in all shapes and sizes just like people. If all else is normal then those weights are fine. What feed you use can also play a role in weight.

Without reading through any of your other posts I notice you have a male and female? Are you planning to breed? If you are, those ARE (as mentioned) considered a bit small to breed though, again, not unhealthy necessarily. If you're not planning to breed and are feeding a good food then no worries on their weight. Weigh them periodically, as mentioned, for losses or gains.

Back