Frisky Ferret Cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the 2 story version and the bars broke very easily with the ledges and chin spin. Other than that it was a great cage.

the wire grate floor will either need to be removed or covered. the spacing in that wire is just right to trap chin toes/legs and isn't safe. if you remove the grate, that leaves the plastic slide out pan accessible for the chin to chew. i would lay tiles over the grate and cover with a layer of fleece (anti pill fleece is chin safe).

i personally would pay more for a cage that is going to last you longer. this single story cage is enough space for one chin for life, but i'm sure you will find you'll want to upgrade in the not too distant future to give your chin more room. would make more sense to just spend money on a cage that you will use for long term, instead of spending the nearly $90 now, and more later on a bigger cage. Ferret Nation cages are only $219 on that same site. the difference between the two cages is about $132. that's not that much, and i think you'll find you'll spend more in the long run if you buy another bigger cage down the road. you can also look on your local craigslist to find a used ferret nation (IMO one of the highest quality rodent cages out there).

ps - a very young chin could probably slip between 0.88 bar spacing. regardless of what cage you go with, i would highly recommend putting hardware cloth on any cage until your chin is a bit older and not small enough to escape. you want to have 1/2 inch spacing to keep little chins contained.

Last edited:
Back