Fresh Treats

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FayeEsquire

I was thinking of growing some herbs or vegetables or fruits in a garden this spring for Garrus.

I wanted to know if anyone knew of any vegetation that would be good and healthy for me to grow for my chinchilla.

The only fresh thing that I know is safe is wheat grass-I have fed mine it for years and they love it, only during playtime do they get their pot of wheat grass to rip out the blades, I would not leave it in the cage full time or make it a large part of the diet, its just a treat.

You can grow dandelion (chins enjoy dandelion leaves, flowers, and root) and nettle – both are very easy to grow. You just need to purchase organic seeds. However, I would dry herbs before offering them to chins.
I tried growing a few plants that chins consume in the wild, but did not have much luck.

I gave my chin a small piece of kale and he loved it kale is full of nutrients. i know greens isn't good any they need dry food not fresh

Latest posts

Back