Free Online Genetic Class

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoaea

O.o
I use a website called Coursera, they offer free classes from top universities and have a lot of interesting topics. One of the ones I have been following lately is about "Useful Genetics". I just follow along at my own pace and they make it so that someone with no background in genetics can learn from the material too.

https://www.coursera.org/course/usefulgenetics

I think anyone that breeds chinchillas would find a lot of the material in this course useful. Things like why white and BV might have lethal factors, and why some traits don't follow the dominant/recessive pattern. The class starts out with the basics and moves in depth, way past basic punnet squares and dominant/recessive.

You can sign up for classes that finished already and just look back over the material or there is a new course starting in september. If you do the class on the schedule and complete the quizzes you can get a certificate too. ^^ But I just listen to the lectures as I have time.

Thanks for the recommendation! I've been taking courses in coursera too, it's a really good place to gain new knowledge :)

Latest posts

Back