Four months old and still crying like a newborn?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReneeM

I posted about a month ago concerning my chinchilla, Marika. She was three months old at the time. She is still crying like a newborn sometimes when she nears her mother. She is now four months old. Could this be something she may never stop doing?

My mom's kit is 2.5 months old and has never cried like that since coming home two weeks ago, even though he is housed alone.

Can a chin be overly attached to another chin?

Thanks for the info :) It's just new to me. I just assumed she would outgrow it after weaning. My boys never made that cry after coming home, so they are really the only ones I have for comparison.

It's a cute cry though ;)

I have had a couple of foster females that sounded just like kits all the time. One of them was on pregnancy watch when she was here. More than once, I took the room apart looking for a kit thinking she had delivered and the kit had gotten out. Took a few times before I figured out it was Willow making the sound. She was 5 years old and was not pregnant. :hair:

I have a couple of females that make kit noises, too. One of them just had triplets. for the last 2 weeks she has been driving me crazy because she made kits noises every time I walked into the room making me look for her kits.

I have one chinchilla that I swear never outgrew his kit years :rolleyes: He makes these cute little chirping noises ever so often.

Back