found a few drops of blood in the cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumby and Elmo

this morning before work, I found a few drops of blood in the girls cage, freaked me out, I checked both of them all over and didn't find any wounds at all, and there wasn't any blood anywhere else in the cage either, I was thinking, if they'd been fighting, I would probably find blood all over the cage from running, but I couldn't find any.
they're sleeping together now and does not seem to have been fighting.
I will check them again after work, if I do.find a wound, is there anything I need to clean the wound with, or should I just leave it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354587214605.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354587214605.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 32
found out what it was, Muffin's foot got scraped by something, its not bleeding anymore, and she doesn't seminar to be bothered by it.
do those feet look healthy to u guys, they look a bit dry to me, not nice feetsies.
I asked my sister, who is a vet assistant, she said if its not inflamed, then can just keep an eye on her foot.
I have switched all the shavings out and put in liners to prevent the shavings from sticking onto her foot.
hope her lil foot gets better.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354632346568.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354632346568.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 40
I checked on her foot again last night, I can't see any open skin, and it doesn't look inflamed, so Im gonna skip the blue kote,
is it safe to put bag balm on her if she still has some open skin? I can't see any but just wanna make sure.
and do I put it on the whole of her feet including toes? or just the pad?
does her feet look unhealthy to u guys?

Latest posts

Back