Fosters??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeoMonster

So next September I'm studying abroad for 4 months in Italy and I'm wondering what I'm going to do in the event my parents don't want to take care of him for that amount of time. I know its far away, but I like to weigh my options. Do people normally have other Chinchilla people "foster" their chinchillas for a certain amount of time? Are there boarding options? Seeing as I'm still fairly new to the Chinchilla parent position so I'm trying to educate myself on my options.

For reference I live in southern NY....Orange County for those who know the counties.

If I were in your shoes, I'd try to find someone to foster them while you're away. My vet offers boarding, but I wouldn't want to pay the outrageous daily fees for four months, or expose my chins to that many other animals, let alone sick animals. Hopefully you can find someone on here that lives nearby and wants to help.

Good luck!

Its great that you're thinking ahead. It'll give you lots of time to find someone you're comfortable with.

I bet you will find someone on this forum to help you out! I live 4 hrs away in Boston, but if worst comes to worst I could foster for you and we could work out getting your chin here. I'll be out of school then and have much more time anyway :)

Ahh okay thanks for the input guys! I think once March hits I'll start looking around for someone.

Latest posts

Back