Forever Feisty Rescue Absence

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feistychins

The Chinchilla Lady
Hi Everyone,

We were hit hard by the recent snow storm and have been without power; no heat, lights, phone, internet or water from Oct 29 until an hour ago today Nov 6.

We have lived on bottled water, battery operated lanterns and flashlights and a fire in our fireplace for the last eight days......NOT fun, but we did get through it. A very large part of our state was out of power and we had to just wait it out. Since we live in the country, our town was last on the list to get power lines repaired.

All our animals were our top priority and they had plenty of food, bottled water and lanern light and they did really well.

So, for anyone who has placed an order with me or contacted me I am just getting around to getting things together. I will be filling orders and shipping in the next day or two. I will be responding to emails later tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you for understanding and your patience :)

I'm gald to hear you made it thought that storem OK. I've got a few freinds who got pwoer back yestruday... it's way too early in the season for this sort of problems (of course the trees still having leaves probaly had a LOT to do with it - but 12-27" of snow? REALLY? it's crazy)

Just in case this winter is bad, is there anything you need to re-stock?

Yes, all the leaves on the trees caused major problems and they are still on the trees. We have some that are still green!

Thank you for the offer, but we are set for supplies. The ironic part is that we had a large generator on order to be delivered in mid November. Normally that would not be a problem because we may get 6" or so of snow by then, but that is it. Certainly no power outages.

We will shortly have the generator, so should this occur again it won't be a problem.

I'm glad you got through the storm. That generator is going to be a very nice security blanket. The vet hospital I work at lost power for a couple days and the owner was actually in the midst of buying a generator. We had to put ice packs around the vaccines and blood/urine samples. I have a feeling these power outages are going to be more common as the years go on, so good thing you shelled out the money for a generator.

I can't imagine how cold you got. I was only without power for a few days but the last night it got below 50F in my room and it is not fun having to wake up when it's 47F and go to work at 7 in the morning!

8 days is a very long time, happy to see it didn't drive you insane!

Back