For those using the Agselect/Edstrom watering system

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eastcoastchins

Hi!
I just wanted to share this for those using the Agselect/Edstrom watering system. I know we all replace the tubing with fresh, clean tubing every few months. I'm not sure if everyone is using the tubing straight from the manufacturer, or if you all have found alternatives already, but I found a perfect alternative to the Agselect tubing. It is human food grade tubing, and it is made from the exact same material as the Agselect tubing. The only difference is that it is clear, which is less aesthetically pleasing but great for being able to see if it needs to be changed, to prevent changing it out later than we should. I've tested it out and it fits perfectly with the Agselect valves, etc.

And the best part - it's $12 for 100ft, with free shipping if you have Amazon prime (and it's still a huge savings even if you have to pay the shipping)! The Agselect was going to cost me $40 for 100ft. With this being a regular expense for those of us using this system, that's an awesome savings :)

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E6BCXQ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not sure if I'm late to the game here and everyone has located an alternative, but hopefully this will help out some of you who might want a cheaper alternative! :)

Thanks! I will probably try this on my temporary setup. I don't replace the tubing on my regular setup unless there is something wrong with it, just flush it.

The problem you will find with permanent clear tubing though is that it allows green growth more quickly than black tubing as algae flourishes in the light. :))

Yes its been tried before and the more light that gets to your water the more algea it grows.

Back