Foot Wart?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeoMonster

Can chins get warts on their feet?

On Leo's back feet, on the top of the inside toe the skin is a little raised under the fur and has a reddish tone to it. But the thing is that its on both feet, on the same exact toe, and looks identical. Its not effecting his movement at all nor are they really big. I just looked really close one day and felt that I could feel the bone when I touched the top of all his other toes but with those two toes if feels like a little extra skin is on top, and I can wiggle it around.

Not sure about warts, but I know they can get bumblefoot from feet being on wire bottoms. Picture may help those who know more.

Mine (mostly the females) will ocasionaly get what looks like a small red bumb on their foot/toes. It doesnt seem to bother then in any way. Im not entirly sure what it is myself.

He's only on wood shelves and bedding on the bottom. I thought bumblefoot could only happen on the bottom of his feet?

His feet are slightly dry, the RiteAid was out of bag balm so I'm traveling far to Walgreens tomorrow...heres a picture of the bottom of them on this thread.

http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30548

I'll grab another picture of the top of his feet when I get home.

He's only on wood shelves and bedding on the bottom. I thought bumblefoot could only happen on the bottom of his feet?

His feet are slightly dry, the RiteAid was out of bag balm so I'm traveling far to Walgreens tomorrow...heres a picture of the bottom of them on this thread.

http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30548

I'll grab another picture of the top of his feet when I get home.

Oops I misread your post. I thought you said bottom of foot not top. I would follow the advice that you were given from the other post. I have no ideal what it could be.

They said bag balm, but that's just cause his feet are dry, they're not at bumblefoot status. Can bag balm be used on the furry part of the foot?

Back