foot problem?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kardelen

so Astrid is being a happy chin these last days...

she eats her food and her grass ,poops all over the world and gets her 45 min to 1 hour play time.(though she ingores her toys and seems content to run up and down the stairs.)
Yesterday i noticed though she was sleeping funny...her one leg was tucked close to her body and she was actually sleeping on her shoulder.
i kept a close watch on her and i saw that all day she had the one front foot tucked close to her body.
She used it though to eat and when she came out for her play time she was a happy critter running around and jumping around like crazy.when back in the cage the foot was back tucked in close to her body.
Should a visit to the doc tomorrow be a good thing? or am i once again over reacting?

I would just watch it for a few days. She could have sprained or bruised it and it is a little uncomfortable. As long as she is still using it to walk on, it probably isn't serious and will heal on its own. If she stops using it all together of if redness or swelling occurs, a vet visit is in order.

Back