food

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric

I need to find a new and better food for my chin. I have an Agway feed store near me. Whats a good food to get.

Oxbow, mazuri, manna pro show ( its a rabbit food but safe for chins), tradition chinchilla pellets....these seem to be the top good ones without added sugars or seeds

I feed Oxbow and would never consider changing it, I've never had health problems with Magyk and she keeps good weight and from what I've read it's pretty much among the best you can get.

all the ones listed are great quality foods.. just remember tho, not all rabbit foods are safe.

I need to find a new and better food for my chin. I have an Agway feed store near me. Whats a good food to get.

I'm having a difficult time navigating the Agway website. It seems that as far as small animals go they mostly carry Kaytee, and other brands that usually aren't recommended. What are you currently feeding? Are there any other feed stores near you, Farm & Fleet, Tractor Supply, Rural King? If you don't have many chins it may be cheaper for you to buy pellets off of someone on the forum. If you have to buy 20+ lb bags of feed it will go bad before one or two chins end up eating it all. Just some food for thought... no pun intended ;)

The PetSmarts by me are not carrying Mazuri anymore it seems. I ordered from someone on here. Are others finding this too?

The PetSmarts by me are not carrying Mazuri anymore it seems. I ordered from someone on here. Are others finding this too?

I worked at a petsmart near me for a time from '10-'11 and sometime around spring I think of '11 we stopped carrying that brand.

I have found this to be the case here, too. I am not happy about it. I just switched to Oxbow. Fingers crossed that Asa likes it!

:wacko:

I just went today to buy my guys their food and I didn't see the Mazuri anymore either. I looked online and remember seeing it not too long ago and don't see it on their either anymore. They still had the mazuri ferret and rat food though:confused:

if they had Mazuri ferret and rat food they can order the chin food for you because they do carry Mazuri. They apparently haven't had someone who needed the chin chow or they ran out of it

if they had Mazuri ferret and rat food they can order the chin food for you because they do carry Mazuri. They apparently haven't had someone who needed the chin chow or they ran out of it

I saw the other food online. I don't think I saw it in the store. They use to have the food for chins online as well but no longer do. But maybe they can still order it.

My local feed store carries Mazuri at a very reasonable price. It is of great quality and would recommend trying to find a feed store near you

Back