Food transition question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stargrazer

furry pet mom
I got my chin Remi about a month ago and found that the food that came with him from his previous owner was for a guinea pigs called Nutriphase. I bought some PANR so I could transition him off of it as I figured it was probably not the best suited for him. I am now down to 25% old stuff and 75% PANR. I have noticed Remi is picking out the the Nutriphase more often than the PANR and am wondering if I should remove it completely now or just keep a constant mix of the two. Any suggestions?
He seems to like the Nutriphase better and a picky eater in general (food and hay).

For information sake here is analysis of Nutriphase:
protein: 18%
Fat 3.5%
Fiber 14%
Moisture 12%
Ascorbic acid 75mg

OK will do. I have him on Timothy and Oat hay. He seems to really like the oat hay best, the tougher the better it seems. He chews on EVERYTHING, especially his pumice stones.

I would start him on 100% PANR at this point. Just be sure you have plenty of hay for him to eat too.
I agree 100%. You may notice that his pellet intake might go down a few days (hence lots of hay), but once he realizes that he is only going to get the PANR he should start eating better.

Back