FN spare parts?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broderp

I looked on the FN cage website, and did not see any links or such.

Does Midwest Homes, sell replacement parts for the FN or CN cages? (pans, ramps, panels etc.) :confused:

Midwest Homes does. I had to get replacement wheels for mine.

ETA: I should also add that they sent them to me for free since I only had the FN cage for a little over a month at that time.

They do sell replacement casters and such, but if the casters break, it may be more cost efficient to buy them from a hardware store or online.

They do sell replacement casters and such, but if the casters break, it may be more cost efficient to buy them from a hardware store or online.

Yes your probably right, the inserts for the castors concern me a bit, and I'd like to maybe experiment with shelves and would not mind having a few spares to cut and modify (the metal frame as well as the plastic cover.)

If we get a second FN, I'd like to modify the side panel to allow me to connect the cages etc..

If you want to make the FN bigger you could always go three stories. Not sure I'd put a wheel on top but it would make a huge home for your guys.

If you want to make the FN bigger you could always go three stories. Not sure I'd put a wheel on top but it would make a huge home for your guys.

I'm not sure the casters could hold that much weight. lol Plus a third level would be to tall to easily access and clean.

A second FN would make more sense for us. But a third level would be nice for many.

I don't necessarily want to make my cage bigger, I just like to modify things, but hate to make changes that I can't reverse. Part and pieces allow me to do this and if I ever need to return it to its original way, then I can easily do so.

A FN142 is plenty big for our two little boys, if I get another cage, it'll be because we will have a few new additions to the clan. Hopefully they will all get along after a while.

I know that you can buy the extra level for both the FN141 and FN142 so if you only modified the top I know you could replace the whole thing. I've never seen spare parts offered for FNs other than the ramps. Maybe you could buy them from the manufacturer but you'd have to contact them.

I recently got a side panel replacement from Midwest. Just give them a call and I believe you can get just about any part you want. They don't list them on their site but you can get them. Also I just noticed ferret.com is offering things like the shelves and pans etc.

Back