FN Set up

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Walker

Cincillà italiano!
Alrighty, I'm not a new Chin owner, but this is a question that I think is best suited here, because it's a new area for me.

It's time to spoil my beautiful little girl for her 1 year birthday/anniversary of being with me.:hug2: She's a year old! Healthy, adorable, and super lovable ball of white puff. It's also been long enough my Rugby team stops giving me crap for having an adorable little animal haha, but i've always been proud to have her.

i'm going to buy her a FN cage.

Now I know about fleece liners, and I plan on buying about 4-6 of them from someone here on the site, but I am wondering the set up of these cages.

I haven't really seen, a...."hashed" drawing of these cages although I know exactly what they look like. I am under the assumption, that there is a floor...then under neath a base pan to collect flying waste or anything that falls through?

So the fleece liners so on the floor, and the bedding goes in the base pan? or is there no need for bedding at all?

FNs come with plastic pans that sit on top of a wire base which is identical to the "ceiling" panels. There is no where for anything to fall through. Many people replace the plastic pans that come with it either with the metal Bass Pans or in my case, granite tiles. You put the fleece liners in/on top of that. It's fleece liners or bedding (shavings for instance), and not both.

Hopefully that answered your question. If not I apologize for being half asleep :)

Actually, I use fleece liners in my pans from Bass, but I do offer shavings in a corner litter pan. In each cage I have one girl who prefers to pee on the liners and one who prefers to use the litter pan.
:rofl2:

Lynn, I have no doubts you will have it up in a jiffy! The hardest part is holding the sides together and putting on the top. I did, however, have to deploy my octopus arms. :)

Its worth it for me to come home sore and exhausted and see that she wants to just run around and jump on me.

lol. He was already named when I got him from the humane society :) I tried to change it but I guess after him having it for 5 years...he was partial to it.

Back