FN double level question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aurora

Quill Lover
Does anybody use a dual level cage for one chin?
Im looking at a dual level (the stackable FN cages) and wondering if anybody has ever made it so the chin could use both cages/levels?
Hubby wants our to be critter to have as much room as possible lol. ;)

You can open up a hole between levels or some remove the 2nd cage floor completely and replace with wood shelves and hammocks.

Both of our chins has her own FN142, we have the cut-out pan from Bass Equipment which allows access to both levels. I prefer the 2 levels as a safety precaution, the shorter the fall the less chance of injury. Our Amy has lost a front leg due to a fall so I'm a bit cautious with her environment.

Luna is in a double critter nation and she has it all to herself. We kept the middle level in, with the cut out so she can go between levels and not risk falling too far. She has a bunch of shelves and ledges that she can hop up and down on. She doesn't get out of cage time (because she is a total brat about going back into her cage) so I wanted her to have a large cage so she could get plenty of exercise.

Yep, I have one chin in a double Ferret Nation. There is a divider in the middle with a little hole in the corner so he can move from level to level. I wouldn't keep him in anything smaller as he uses every inch of the space!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My single male has a double level Critter Nation all to himself. After so long in a teeny cage, he LOVES the room and gets super cranky when I have to cut him off from half to clean... ^^;; Wish I could let him romp while I cleaned, but the room his cage is in isnt safe for chin play, for time out to romp I have to bring him to an upstairs bathroom and I can't supervise him and clean the cage at the same time, unfortunately. He gets so impatient with me when I'm cleaning ^^;; He's gotten quite used to being privileged...

I have single girl in a 142. I've decided to use the cut out just to be safe. She has a ton of room to run around in. You will love your FN.

Back