FN 142 Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubi32

Hi, I'm thinking about getting a Farret Nation 142, I know a lot of people on this site have one but I need to know if they break down for easy transportation? My husband and I move a lot so I'm hoping it does. Thank You!

The FN could also be broken down although you would have to unscrew all of the joints as opposed to snapping them out like the critter nation.

Hi, I'm thinking about getting a Farret Nation 142,

It's spelled Ferret Nation, and the only reason I am correcting you is if you do a search on craig's list you probably won't find any spelled that way. Did you see, Petsmart has them for $166 for a limited time.
As far as taking apart, I don't think they are that easy, but I was thinking once the cage was clean and the animals were in their moving cage you could put your household items, ie; towels, blankets, etc. maybe put them in plastic bags first.

The FN would have to be completely unscrewed to take it apart. It would be a hassle, but can be done. I've seen plenty of them on CL that are apart (people stored them then decided to get rid of them).

These cages are also on wheels. So if you use a truck (U-Haul, etc) you could push the cage into the truck to transport it and not have to tear it down.

Okay great thanks for all your guys help! Yeah I did a search on Craigslist and it came up nothing, no wonder haha. I'll have to look more at the critter nation and see how that one is, but the idea about storing stuff in it would work well too.. hm.

When searching CL make sure you search in the for sale and the pets sections. I find that if I search for the term Ferret only I am more likely to find ferret nations than if I try to search on ferret nation. Not sure why, but its the case in the Michigan CL listings anyway.

Back