flying saucer question.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xBrianx619

Android Enthusiast
I got my saucer that Shooper sent me today! Gizmo is inspecting it like crazy! He'll jump on but then after rocking back and forth a little, he jumps off. Which bring me to my next question...how long did it take some of your chins to start attempting to run on their saucers???

lol Brian. Every chin is different. Some take to it right away, others take days, weeks and even months.

Give him some time. If he's rockin', he probably is thinking about what it does. He'll figure it out eventually. :)

It's a good start that your chin has already sat on the saucer and learned that it will move. He should figure it out soon, and be running on it in no time. My chin figured it out pretty quickly and runs on it everyday. Best investment ever.

Definitely give it some time. He will get the hang of it and in no time will be running like a maniac on it! Love those wheels.

Some figure it out quickly but others may take months! I was about ready to take the saucer out of Christopher's cage and give him a wheel(he only used the saucer for a nice hidey house for months) then overnight he started using it.Pooh used his saucer happily as a rocking chair for at least a month before finally realizing that he could run on it.So it varies from chin to chin.

It took my first boy a while to get used to the wheel. He spent his time inspecting it. But it took a few days before he would hop up on it at all, much less run!

I got a flying saucer for my two chins about 2 months ago. Charlie the younger one hopped on it and started running. ChiChi has so clue, but to his defense Charlie is hogging it every chance he gets. They are only aloud 30-45 minutes each night in the bottom of the FN where the saucer is, because Charlie is only 8 months and more on the small side. He runs on it so much and finds no end. I don't want him to overdue it. Still crossing my fingers for ChiChi. ;)

Latest posts

Back