Fluff n' dust disaster

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergggie

Hello! I was cleaning my chinchilla's cage and noticed a lot more fur and dust than usual (from dust bath; he is also going through a fur-chewing spurt). It had been a while, and can you say disgusting?! With a capital D! I regularly have to dust my room, vacuum, etc. because of the amount of dust that I find caked on my furniture in my room after a while. I feel as though I keep his cage rather clean, with dust as a norm, but it is taking over! I have allergies and keep an air cleaner right next to his cage to pick up any dust that may be around and push it up to his dust bath when he is using it (the filter is old and picks up some dust but not enough). It isn't a huge problem but I am a clean freak and was wondering if there was a good air filter that would get the job done and suck up dust that may be lingering in the air to cut down on the amount that lands on my dresser, bookshelf, windowsill. I know it is impossible to get all of it and I can live with that. Also, I'm only 17 and need a good, decently priced air filter that will suck up the fine dust but won't break the bank. Your help is much appreciated!!! :) thanks!!

Back