floppy ear?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lishreese

Last night when I went to bed Bella's ears were both perky as always and this morning one of them is floppy and I have never seen it do that before. I've never seen anyone's do that before in any of the pictures anyone posts. Its fine at the base, then like halfway down its floppy and I am kind of freaking out cuz I have no idea what that means. I don't think its hurting her because I touched it and she didn't squeak or anything, just shook her head. Usually she doesn't care if I touch her ears, so I don't know if her shaking her head meant anything or if she was just annoyed cuz it was daytime and she is grumpy. If anyone has seen this before and knows what it is please tell me cuz I am really worried about her!!

Here are pictures of it. The first is the floppy ear and the second is her normal ear for comparison

Attachments

• IMG_0120_2.jpg
    IMG_0120_2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0121_2.jpg
    IMG_0121_2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 45
quite often when chins sleep they will lay on one ear and it will go soft like that. it takes a little bit after they wake up for the ear to go back to its usual perky position.

nothing to worry about :))

o thank god, i was so worried, i'm actually crying now cuz i'm so relieved. it is starting to look better now, i've been checking her like every 5 seconds lol. is it similar to sleeping on your arm and then your arm goes to sleep?

possibly! lol. i'm really not entirely sure why the ears go floppy, i just know it's nothing that harms them. my Rhino will wake up with two 'floppified' ears all the time, lol.

Also, some chins have floppy ears. I have one girl who has two floppy ears and her daughter has one floppy ear. Nothing to worry about. I think it makes my girls even cuter.

When i first saw my chinnies with a floppy ear i got so worried in case they were too hot, as i carried on watching them through out the week i noticed it was always the ear they were either sleeping on or snuggling next to the other with.

I think it looks cute when i see their ears floppy now with that sleepy look on their faces haha :D

When i first saw my chinnies with a floppy ear i got so worried in case they were too hot, as i carried on watching them through out the week i noticed it was always the ear they were either sleeping on or snuggling next to the other with.

I think it looks cute when i see their ears floppy now with that sleepy look on their faces haha :D

Same here! I was terrified something was wrong with them. But now both of mine sleep with each ear down, then when they start getting active they pop back up---it is the cutest. :D

Latest posts

Back