Fleece

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaddyslilDimwit

What is the preferred method for keeping your fleece clean? As in, how often do you wash it, and what do you use to clean it with?

I have 2 boys in one cage, they are very good at hitting the litter pan, their fleece is in the cage 4-5 days max. I shake them out into the compost and try to get as much hay off as possible. Then I take them to the laundry mat and wash them on hot with my regular laundry soap, 7th Generation unscented. Every 2 or 3 weeks they get a soak in vinegar water before the washing. Sometimes I will hand wash them at home too. They are always hung on the line to dry, but the final spin usually gets them mostly dry, so the bathroom towel bar works too. Sometimes between washing I'll try to vacuum up the hay and poos on the fleece, but I usually just end up picking it all up by hand (I need a new vacuum).

i have one boy in a FN 142.
he's potty trained.
but i change all fleece once a week.
i clean them by using baking soda and white distilled vinegar.
put them in the washer turn on the hot water and pour the stuff in.
then drying they just go in the dryer and i believe it's set on the cotton setting.

i do vacuum up the poo and wood slivers every day.
and i pick up the hay by hand since it clogs up the vacuum.
and then every 3 days i clean out his glass litter dishes.

Ok. Great, Thanks, I was just wondering if I could wash the fleece when I do my work clothes, or if I should avoid soap all together. I use a brush/dust pan daily to clean out poo and I vacuum/total cage clean at least once a week. But I use Vinegar for cleaning their cage anyway, so adding some Baking soda to that mixture would be ok for the fleece too?

Back