Fleece

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maggie:-)

I was just wondering if anyone knows about the fleece at jo ann fabrics. I go there alot to get material for blankets for my son and other kids and i know they have fleece there but i wanted to know if it is safe for chins, i know there are diff kinds,are they all safe?

Oh really? Its weird i go there alot and never thought about doing my own fleece.

I just started making my own shelves/houses, I'm nowhere near ready to try fleece. Good luck. =)

Well i know i cant make the liners or anything. I was hopeing to just get a large piece of fabric to cover the wall behind the cage.

i get my fleece from there. (anti pill or blizzard).
and they're usually on sale so i can't pass it up.
we were buying liners and now we have decided to just use a 1.5 yard fleece for liner
since it's easier to wrap the pan then clipping the premade liners to the pan.

i think almost everyone that does fleece items get their fleece at Joanns. :)

You don't really need to do all of the different layers for the liners, I just stitch two pieces of fleece together, slide them over and tie the open end closed. My girls are litter trained for the most part so it doesn't need to be that absorbent. Speaking of making fleece houses... does anyone know where to find some sewing instructions for some? I made fleece covers, ladder covers, tube covers, cuddle ledge covers and hammocks but can't figure out how to make houses.

I have been trying to find out how to make those fleece houses, too! Please, I would love to have some sewing direction!!!

I just had an hour of free time and started messing around with some fleece and got a really nice cube house out of it! I'll try my best to describe what I did.
1. Cut 7 sqaures of fleece in the size you want the house to be
2. sew five together so that they form a plus sign.
3. Stack the last two on top of each other, cut out a circle throught both the stitch it togther. Pull one side through the circle so that the seam is hidden.
4. Stitch this to one of the other sides, making it look like a T
5. Start stitching the cube together so that all of the outside is seam-less. When you get to the top, cut four small strips of fabric, fold them, and like the ends up to each corner of the top of the cube (these will be for the hooks).
5. Turn right side out so all sides are seemless and stitch on the outside down all edges to that the seams are consealed within the house.
Sorry if that was confusing, I just kind of messed around with it until I got it all seamless. I'll post a pic of it later.

Chinnyluver, I'd love to see a picture =) I think I understand, but I'm not quite certain what the end result should look like. Inside out and right side out would be awesome =)

Back