Fleece?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nay'sChins

I have been looking forward to start making lots of toys and other thing for mmy chinchillas out of fleece. One thing I read said that fleece usually clings to aspen bedding- which i use. Does anybody know if this is true or not? :unsure: I was also wondering if there was another shredding-proof fabric that would work with the chinchillas. Thanks!

I use aspen bedding.

It is more the bedding clings to the fleece. I use a litter pan, but some bedding usually gets knocked out from time to time and it sticks to the fleece. Not as bad as hay sticking to it IMO. It's not like static cling and the fleece isn't going to pull the bedding out of the container :laughitup:

***edit...I don't believe there is another "safe" fabric

I use aspen bedding as well. It definitely enjoys sticking to the fleece but I usually am able to vacuum the majority of it off.

As for alternative fabric, anti pill or blizzard fleece are your only options.

Aspen does stick to fleece a bit, but I just take the dirty liners outside and beat them against a post or just fan them hard in the air, and most things come off pretty easily, even aspen and hay.

OK! I have all my fleece and my mom's sewing machine so I'm almost good to go. I just want to know from all of you who sew you liners, what sewing pattern do you use and works best. I want to make sure that these last a long time. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back