Fleece

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zerker

...Oooo shiny!
On a scale from 1-10, how much do chins love fleece? And do they like larger fleece material or microfleece or what? Should I line my cage shelve to prevent poops from escaping? Thanks.

Depends on the chins really...many of mine prefer to sleep in their fleece tube or in their fleece house, but I have a few who would rather sleep on a bare ledge.

I only use anti-pill or blizzard fleece for my chins.

You could try lining the cage, but keep in mind that it probably won't keep all of the poops in. ;)

My chins have fleece tubes (anti-pill) and they are constantly in or on them.

Some people have cage liners made of fleece (they use the fleece in place of litter or bedding). I'm not sure lining the shelves would work, and it would be a lot of work trying to keep it clean.

Fleece cage liners frequently have an absorbent layer in the center to soak up pee. They can be tricky to fully dry in a machine, but they do wear very well. I've never tried fleece as shelf guards, though I do have a cover for the cage that's also made of fleece just to stop any drafts.

For furniture, my guy has both a fleece hammock from ForCHINate Chins and a fleece tube from... somebody else on here (Michelle?), and he seems to split time equally between them and his stone ledge from Chin on the Rocks... when he's not on his Flying Saucer.

My chins love fleece! I have gotten fleece items from Alli713 and threewingedfury and items from both of them are fabulous. I have one chin who is a fleece pillow hog, and then most of my chins prefer their fleece tube, however I do a have couple who really love their fleece hammock as well. I would be amazed to find a chin who did not like a fleece tube!

I was talking about on the cage walls, just 2-3 inches tall around the perimeter of the shelf so they can snuggle against it but also block out the poops, might just keep my shelves the way they are on their bases.

You could try it, it may or may not work. Sometimes I think my chins pick it up piece by piece and fling it out as far from the cage as they can.

Someone in the Ferret Nation thread had made fleece guards that wrapped around three sides of the cage on the outside. It looked like they were about 4 inches "tall" I guess. I'm thinking that might work well, if you have a lot of your shelves on one level or something.

My chinchillas really like their fleece! I can't really give you a scale, since I just started using it. One of my chinchillas has a wooden bed I made with a fleece mattress that she likes to sleep on like every other day. Some days she likes to lay in her wooden house though.

My other chinchilla sleeps in her fleece tube every single day now! She used to sleep on a wooden ledge, but she seems to like this much better!

I just started with the fleece a couple of weeks ago and my chin loves it. He sleeps in his fleece tube every single day. I think it is good to start out with one or two things and if they like the fleece and don't try to destroy it, get more.

Latest posts

Back