fleece liners?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluke

So I've seen alot of posts about fleece liners for cages which has made me curious. I've used carefresh for nearly three years for my boys and never had a problem with it, but it is expensive and liners would probably be less messy. But a few questions for those who use them:

Do you guys only use them because your chins are litter box trained and therefore don't urinate on them? Because my boys usually are pretty good about going in the corner but not always.

Is washing enough to keep them from retaining and growing bacteria? Because laundry detergent isn't antibacterial. I mean I suppose I could pour some hydrogen peroxide in the washer with it.

And from that, would it be safe to even use laundry detergent? I mean I already use the dye and fragrance free kind, but I don't know how their skin would react to being in close contact.

I'm definitely interested in making the switch though to fleece liners, just want to make sure I do everything right if I do.

Thanks

Some of my boys go in their litter boxes, but they also pee on the liners.

I wash mine with just regular detergent with a bit of vinegar. Been using them for a long time and have never had a problem.

Latest posts

Back