Fleece Liners

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinchieRoo

Vegan Pet Lover
I see that a lot of people now use fleece liners for their cages. Where is the best place to get them? I will be getting a couple quality cages and from what I see most people get them for the FN cages. Is it possible to get them custom made? Thanks!

I make them myself, but several members on here make them as well...I have bought some from alli713 and threewingedfury.

You use fleece liners in place of shavings and other bedding. It's absorbent so it absorbs the urine and you just shake out the poo into the trash or outside.

You can make your own, It's rather easy to do. You can make them lined (thus more absorbent) or just use a single layer and swap it out every day or too. If you do fleece liners it's best to have 2 or 3 on hand so you have one to use while the others are in the wash.

I make my own. It's kind of a pain since at the moment don't have a sewing machine, so it's literally by hand....but worth it. I'm so glad I switched from traditional bedding.

You'll want a few on hand...for wash day. Ultimately my goal is 7. I'm up to 4 right now with supplies for 1 more. it's slow going. LOL

I guess I'll add my question onto this, what is the best way to little box train? We think we're gonna make some cages and use shavings, but I want to try to use the liners, but I'm at loss at figuring out how I would little box training the little ones.

I just put the litter pan in the corner they peed in the most, along with shavings that they had already peed on. That's really the only way, and it doesn't always work. Some chins will get it, some will go where ever. I have one boy who will go in his pan most of the time but still pees elsewhere occasionally.

I can't wait to try out the fleece liners. I have some liners on order and I can't wait to see them! It seems like it makes more sense than using so much litter all the time. I hope it goes well.

Back