Fleece liner question.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meggi115

I am a new chinchilla owner and i purchased a FN 181. I want to use fleece liners but my chin digs at them and rumples them up and exposes the plastic. Do you guys usreanything to attah the liners to the cage?

I have Bass pans and I make the liner bigger than the pan and wrap it under. It also cuts down on metal rattling. If you still use the plastic trays, you can create a pillow case type fleece liner so it is more difficult to move

Get a fleece that is bigger than that of your pan. Then wrap it and leave all excess to the bottom of the pan and use safety pins to clips everything together and make the top surface tight.

You can also use granite tiles or whatever else (pine house, litter pan, etc.) to weigh down the corners.

I use binder clips on the corners of the cages and have tiles and stuff around the cage to hold the fleece down.

I made my liners like pillow cases and fold the bottom under. My little one is so ornery he would find a way to get to the plastic so I tried to outsmart him.:neener:

If you have wooden guards around the bottom of the cage, they also help keep the fleece in place, assuming the fleece is slightly larger than the plastic pans.

I did the pillowcase fit as well on most of mine and the best way was to put extra fabric on the ends in order to tuck it in below the plastic pan. Then when you lay the pan down, they can't really pull it up.
I also really like the idea that was mentioned of using the safety clips to secure it around.

Latest posts

Back