Fleece Item Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devi Xiao

I have recently acquired a buttload of fleece (Joanns 50% off plus a 25% off entire purchase coupon; I think this is still active on the website to print out). I've been planning on making some fleece items - some to keep, some to maybe sell. Thus, I have some questions.

1) For fleece houses, how do you keep the inside from collapsing? I heard that all threads have to be hidden to avoid chewing, but I have seen some houses that were quilted or had the layers stitched together at the top corners so that the inside didn't collapse and trap a critter inside.

2) For those of you who use sewing machines, do you switch to hand stitching and do a whip stitch to close the hole that you use to flip everything inside out? Or is it OK to have that little amount of stitching show?

I have never made a house, but I make my own liners. I use a whip stitch on the hole after I turn them inside out. I also make mine extra-long and then fold the bit with threads showing under because I am extra paranoid haha.

I also make mine extra-long and then fold the bit with threads showing under because I am extra paranoid haha.

Yeah, whenever I make my stuff (I make plushies as a hobby), I have the knot on the outside, but then I run the "tail" into the inside so that nothing shows.

Latest posts

Back