Fleece in the cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have or recommend fleece in your chins home?

• Yes

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

oliviaritota

We have just wrapped Marley's cage pan in fleece, but she keeps trying to bite it and pull it up!! Is this bad for her? What should we do?

If its new she may just be testing it out, make sure she doesn't chew it thou and give her some extra treats to chew.

Booker doesn't really mess with his fleece, but I know one of my boyfriends chins is a notorious fleece-puller. Does Marley have a wheel? When the naughty chin is bored/doesn't have adequate exercise, it seems his chewing gets a lot worse.

i don't because kishi will chew on anything she can get her little teeth around

It really depends on the chin. Most do fine with fleece and really like it. I bought a hanging house from Annie and Tribble decided to chew one of the "straps" that is hung on. So I took it out. I don't really understand why he did it either. He has tons of things to chew on and never chewed on fleece before. He has a cuddlebuddie from Annie too as well as a pillow and he never chews on them. Most chins will "test" out a new cage item but you need to watch and make sure they aren't chewing the fleece. It can be dangerous if it is swallowed. I'd rather be safe than sorry and take it out.

I have a fleece lining on bottom of my chins cage. Have to say best thing I did no more shavings all over the floor and sofa:) still occasional poop though lol. Both mine seem happy with it neither try and eat it or pull it up (yet!!!)

Latest posts

Back