Fleece cuddler

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lzgn

So, Charlie has decided that he wants to "cuddle" I noticed when he wanted to sleep he would go to the corner of his cage or would pull out some of the fleece fabric that it cover the bottom of his cage.Today I added an extra piece of fleece to his cage for him to use as a cuddle whenever he wants to and I noticed that right away he went and leaned next to it and kind of buried his face in the fleece, later he came out to stood on top of his hut. Every now and then he will go inside his hutt, mostly he uses it to climb.
My question is: Is it OK for him to have an extra piece of fleece in his cage to cuddle with? The temperature here at night is 40's and during the day is uper 60's to low 70's. Is he too cold at night?
Hes normally not much of a cuddler, he lets me hold him and cuddle for minutes at a time but not for long.
Should I take out the extra fleece?

Thx!

I doubt he is too cold at night. Many chinchillas like to cuddle, and fleece is perfectly fine. :)) Fleece pillows are really easy to make! You can also buy chinchilla shaped fleece buddies from ChinChic!

13010794_1014934438583304_1806544958579899083_n.jpg

Here is my Eli with one of his cuddle toys!

Thank you for your reply Minccino. I got worried that he was too cold or would get over heated. I do have a slab of marble inside his cage, it stays cold and he can stand on it if he gets hot.

Latest posts

Back