Fleece chewing

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubyrolo

I would like to cover my chins ledges in fleece and get her a hammock, but I worry about her eating them. I have tried it out by making my own ledge cover but after it being in the cage for a little while she started biting it and pulling on the fleece, so I took the cover off. Is there a type of fleece that is safe to use, that wont be a problem if they end up eating some? Or is fleece just really not an option for me? I see so many people using it, but I also don't want to have to rush her to the vet for a block GI tract due to fleece.

Unfortunately if they chew it then it's no longer safe, and there is no other safe fabrics for chins either. Fleece is only considered safe since most chins don't try to eat it, they nibble it a little at first but give up pretty quickly since it doesn't shred, making it no fun, lol. Also it's safer then other fabric since it doesn't shred or have strings, so a small amount eaten isn't normally an emergency situation since it should pass, and you can generally remove it before they have eaten too much.

Latest posts

Back