First Job!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimichi

I am both very excited and very nervous. This is my first ever job and I feel like I'm going to mess up, which explains the nervous bit. I'm sure I'll do just fine, but I guess it's to be expected for a first job.

Do you guys have any tips for a first time worker? Just things to calm my nerves a little bit. I start Monday at 7:30AM so I still have a few days to calm myself.

Woohoo congrats!!! I am sure you will do fine. Make sure you relax this weekend cause one only knows if and when you will have a weekend to relax again. I remember my first job I was very nervous and timid but I ended up doing really good. Just make sure you take any information they give you during training if you have training and store it in your brain and just be yourself. Don't get caught up in drama and always try your hardest and if you make a mistake it's not that big of a deal, everyone makes mistakes especially when you are new. Above all have fun and try to enjoy the job, no one wants to be miserable at a job :)

Congrats on getting your job! Stay positive whatever you do, Don't be too hard on yourself and just do your best!

What kind of job are you working?

Congrats on getting your job! Stay positive whatever you do, Don't be too hard on yourself and just do your best!

What kind of job are you working?

It's at a company called BASF, if you google it it's the first link, I'll be inspecting various parts though. I also think I'll be a runner, which I think is when I have to give other people breaks.

I am familiar with BASF, cause my family owns a body shop and we use some of their products! I am sure you will do great! My brother's girlfriend is starting her first job tonight as a waitress! She is pretty nervous too. She told me today that she had a bad dream about working there. LOL.

When I started my first job as a cashier at Save-A-Lot, I would have dreams about working. I'd hear the beeps of the register constantly in my dreams. It was horrible. Not to mention I wasn't used to standing on my feet for 8 hours and my feet hurt like ****! Wouldn't trade it though! The experience was great!

Isn't that neat!
Well I haven't had any bad dreams yet, lets hope I don't ever have any. haha
Though I'm sure she'll do just fine too!

I'm really surprised this is my first job because of the type of work it is. I thought for sure that working in retail would be my first job. Especially since I filled out so so many applications for them. Even more so because of the time of year it is, but nope. Not that I'm complaining, people get a little crazy around this time of year. D:

My first job at The Denver Post was in Classified Advertising, where people called in to place "Want Ads". We had to answer the phone with the phrase, "Post Ads, Miss Howard (we all had common, assigned names so that crazy customers couldn't call us at home), May I Help You???"

After a long Friday -- we were open until 7:00 and everyone worked the OT, I would find myself answering my home phone at night with my "Post Ads, Miss Howard, May I Help You???" more than once!!!

Congratulations and good luck to you on your first job!!!

Back