First Fire Drill - sigh

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaJ

We have been having crazy storms in my area for a few days now. Yesterday afternoon it happened....power/AC went out. It is really hot right now, so the apartment heated up very fast. Ran out, bought a temporary cage, put my little boy in his carrier and booked a hotel room real fast. Had to smuggle him in through the back door, hope nobody catches me. WORST week ever

:banghead:

He is sitting in his little temp cage looking at me like "what the heck mom"

It's great that you brought him to a hotel since the power went out at your home. I'm sure he will be giving you "the look." Give him some extra attention and he will be fine!

We had a BAD storm last night that knocked out power to thousands but luckily I was not affected.

Good thing you got him back to a/c quickly! That's the best option there is even though it's not the cheapest.

I have sneaked a chinchilla into a hotel room before... I picked her up after college orientation and mom and I were staying in the hotel for a night so we wouldn't have to drive the 2 hours home at night. I carried her carrier in a cardboard box so noone could see her. ;)

You should be fine.. just don't let him get out and chew or make a mess with shavings/food/hay and they'll never know!

Everything was fine. I shooed away the housekeeping people several times, haha. Power came back on this evening, so we headed back to the apartment....and lucky surprise, the new Chin Spin had arrived. My little boy looks happy as a clam, back in his normal cage, with a HUGE new wheel. :) happy ending all around.

That is wonderful to hear! You did not hesitate and did what you had to do, great job in keeping your chinnie safe and happy! :thumbsup:

Thanks. I am glad that we were able to get a hotel room and keeping him cool. And I have to say, the little guy did great. He was happily playing and cooing in his temp cage...what a little trooper.

btw....the chin spin....amazing. We had a big 11 inch petsmart wheel for him before. It was plastic, but thankfully he never chewed it. But that thing was very loud. He is only 5 months old, but he def grew out of it rather fast. I am really impressed with my new chin spin. It's so big, sturdy and quiet. And he seems to love it too.

Latest posts

Back