Fire alarm too loud?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutiePie

Member Here :)
Hi, SO this is probably a REALLY dumb question but Im being over worried like usual.
Today I left the bathroom door open while showering and the steam from the shower set off the fire alarms in the house. It scared the crap outa my chinchilla! They went off for a good 5 minutes, I couldnt get them to go off!
Everyone know how loud those things are, so my question is, could the fire alarms have hurt my chins ears/hearing? Or is she fine and Im just being a overly worrisome mommy?

I have 13 foot ceilings in my house so getting to a smoke alarm is not easy. When I used to have my chins on the main floor, the smoke alarm went off only one time, 1 of the 4 boys hid in his house, the others did nothing. I'm sure your chinchilla is fine just got startled by it.

Hi, SO this is probably a REALLY dumb question but Im being over worried like usual.
Today I left the bathroom door open while showering and the steam from the shower set off the fire alarms in the house. It scared the crap outa my chinchillada! They went off for a good 5 minutes, I couldnt get them to go off!
Everyone know how loud those things are, so my question is, could the fire alarms have hurt my chins ears/hearing? Or is she fine and Im just being a overly worrisome mommy?

Their hearing is very similar to ours (enough so that some studies use them for hearing research), so if it was for a short time and did not hurt your ears, it probably did not hurt theirs... especially if they had a wooden house to retreat into.
I really wanna know what kind of fire alarms are set off by steam... They would not survive 10 minute in the south...

I would like to know also what kind of stupid fire alarms are set off by steam haha I was kinda shocked but it happened.

Thanks though, I was just worried about her! lol

My smoke detectors went off a few days ago as well (because I was trying to cook and simultaneously clean chin cages) but none of them seemed to really care. And it was loud!! So I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I dont recall it happening but i would imagin it scareing the **** outa my chins to. On the other side, i dont think theirs much of an option. Im sure the chin would rather deal with a loud nosie for a little bit then be cought in a fire.

I've had a lot of smoke alarms go off due to shower steam. ANNOYING!!

i had my smoke alarm go off a little while ago (dang pot overboiled!) and Rhino wasn't fazed in the slightest, other than looking around a bit worried like.

This JUST happened to my apartment. Someone pulled the fire alarm -__- I was more worried about Niko that myself because he is only 8 weeks and still has baby ears =( If only I could find who pulled the alarm, give them a piece of my mind. It is 3 o'clock in the morning for crying out loud!

Latest posts

Back