Finally! :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyLiliLove

SassyChinchillasRescue
Finally got my scale. Weighed all of the chins to day.
This is the outcome:
2 month old Rain - 193 grams
5 month old Jekyll - 513 grams
5 month old Hyde - 527 grams
6 month old Sassy - 376 grams
1 year old Sky - 470 grams
2 year old Pepper - 463 grams
4 year old Batman - 568 grams
5 year old Lucky (3 legged) - 558 grams

With Jekyll and Hyde, is this weight that of a male 5 month old? Or did the lady i got them from lie about heir ages? I feel that some of the chins weights are wrong but i weighed everyone twice.

size of chins can very. Some high some low. Generally and older chin might weigh more then the younger ones, but many times a large young one can weight more then a smaller older one. So you rly have to take it chin by chin. - I didnt have a scale when my chins were very young. In fact my youngest chins were almost 3-4 yrs old before i got my scale.

Its nearly impossible to be very accurate on a chins age after a little while without a pedigree or knowing there exact birth date. If they actually are 5 months old and 500+g then that's pretty impressive imo. My first kit Houdini who is 4 years old now is my smallest (lightest) chin at 506.9g - Ironically, my largest (heaviest) chin is actually my youngest. Or second youngest maybe. Im not sure if her or her sister came out first. But shes now just short of 4 years (feb 2001) at 647.1g

It's hard to say without knowing how large the parents are or even in some cases others in that breeding line, how big the chin is suppose to be. At 5 months the chin is nearly grown and chins weights can range from around 400g to over 1,000g, so it's possible that they could be 5 months and are just going to be large chins. Weight doesn't really help for age, other then telling you if they are young or adult based on if they are still growing/gaining weight or not.

It's hard to say without knowing how large the parents are or even in some cases others in that breeding line, how big the chin is suppose to be. At 5 months the chin is nearly grown and chins weights can range from around 400g to over 1,000g, so it's possible that they could be 5 months and are just going to be large chins. Weight doesn't really help for age, other then telling you if they are young or adult based on if they are still growing/gaining weight or not.

thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back