Finally - X-1 + X-2!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rickman

This morning finally had some X babies! Both males, one a tri-colored mosiac that had to be "revived" and another xtra-dark ebony! WOOHOO!!
Pics and weights after he stabilizes a bit!

That must have been a scare with the mosaic...glad to hear he pulled through! Can't wait to see pictures! Congratulations!

I had my X1 and 2 born this morning as well. I was going to come here and brag about how at least I wasn't the last breeder to have an X kit, but you beat me to it!

Tri-colors are black, grey and white! I've had a few the last couple of years, at birth, but they seem to fade out @ about 9 months!

The most messed up part of that math is you could say on your next baby post "X=3". And obviously, after X2 comes X3, so the next part of the problem would be = 3! So 3-1+3-2 = 3! :heart3: math!

Obviously this means you name one Einstein, and one Newton. Or Pinky and the Brain! Ahhh...I need to grow up. :laughitup:

Must be the water in N.W. Florida - doesn't it run down from 'bama? :laughitup:

I hope you don't mind the question, but I'm curious. What genetic combination could create a tri-color? Standard, mosiac and ebony? I'd love to see an image, sounds like it would be an interesting color pattern.

I can't wait to see pics, too. Mishalaa, you, definately, are not the last one to have X kits. I am still waiting. I need babies:please:

Mom is a mosiac[wilson white - only black tail and ears] from a beige male and another wilson white. Dad is a x-tra dark ebony from a x-tra dark ebony, and another mosiac female.
Evangelion - wanna buy some water?
[I was kidding, as I, too, love math, but didn't understand until your last post!]

Last edited:
Congrats on the babies I would be careful using the term tri color as tri colors do not at this point exsist you may be confusing newbies. both white ebonies and mosaics can have verying shades of grey or black. still making it a two toned kit. A tri color indicates you have for example, white, gray and beige. I know of a breeder who has been trying that for years I mean like 30 years and still hasn't got anywhere. But pics please!

Congrats on the babies I would be careful using the term tri color as tri colors do not at this point exsist you may be confusing newbies. both white ebonies and mosaics can have verying shades of grey or black. still making it a two toned kit. A tri color indicates you have for example, white, gray and beige. I know of a breeder who has been trying that for years I mean like 30 years and still hasn't got anywhere. But pics please!

Agreed...you can have a tri-tone chinchilla but tri-color do not exist in chinchillas as of yet. You can get tri-color babies from any of the color combinations that go with mosaic. I've seen tri-tone pink whites, tri-tone ebony whites, tri-tone wilson whites, and even tri-tone white sapphires and white violets. I currently have a tri-tone ebony white female that was recently born in my herd.:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back