Finally got my new car! 2011 RAV4

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arf2184

Up until yesterday, I drove a 1993 Toyota Corolla, the first car I ever bought (used). It's been a great little car that runs like the energizer bunny, but its nearing 250,000 miles, making lots of not-good noises, and I just plain didn't fit well in it (literally...I'm 5' 10" and while not the smallest car out there, there isn't a lot of head or leg room in the old Corolla's). Not to mention, I couldn't take both dogs with in the car without them getting mad at each other just like little kids..."he's touching me", "she's on my side", "he won't stop moving".

So I decided over a year ago that it was time to start shopping and saving for a new car. After much deliberation, I decided on a wagon or smaller SUV. After a lot of researching and a couple test drives, I narrowed it down to a RAV4. I was planning on a used one, but used Toyotas are not much cheaper than new ones, especially if you can combine a few deals.

This is only the second car I've ever bought and the first brand new car. Since I was spending so much on it, I didn't want to buy anything less than exactly what I wanted. Long story short....it took about 10 hours spent at the dealer over three trips, an excellent salesman and his manager, and 3 weeks of waiting for my car to arrive in order for me to get me the Pacific Blue Base Model 4WD RAV4 with ash interior that I wanted. ITS FINALLY HERE!

I was able to get Costco Auto pricing (I think it was about $1500 off MSRP), $1000 down payment match from Toyota, and 1.9% financing.

Here is my new baby! I can't wait to drive it to the next chinchilla show.

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats... I have a 2001 cavalier that I purchased late 2000 that has 270,000 miles... I'm working towards a new car soon too.. May not be brand new but new to me.. I'm not sure if I want a car payment or not...lol

Congrats! =) I like it.

I, too, am in need of a new car. Mine has 270,000+ miles on it and I've put over $1000 into trying to figure out what is wrong with it since June of this year.

Sadly for me, I'm still paying on mine due to a bank screw up so I must wait til I get mine paid off. =)

But yay! Congrats on yours.

Thanks! I'm hoping to pay this one off early. I don't like having a car payment, but I plan to keep this one for at least 10 years so I figured it was worth it. It would have taken me too long to save enough to pay for it outright and would have required putting more money into the Corolla to keep it going.

Very nice! And plenty of room for the dogs and the chins! Did you get the glowing interior multi-color led option? :p

Latest posts

Back