Finally got my chinchilla!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheilabeilabobo

Animal/ Outdoors Lover
Alright. After 3 posts, weeks of research, and tons of impatient waiting, I finally have my cutie 3 year old chinchilla!
Okay, so let me tell you about him. I got him 3 hours ago and the minute I sat him in my room and opened his cage door, he was ready to explore! He walking around and chewed on nothing except the wood on my door. He loves going under my bed, and running out, and going back under. Haha! He came up to me and climbed on my knee and I gave him skritches under his neck. He loved it! His head turned to the side and he closed his eyes. :) I picked him up off my knee(I know I'm moving a little fast but he made it so easy), and he was in my arms for awhile and then was on my shoulder. I'm very happy about how socail he is! :D :D His cage looks like it's about 3x3x3, with a hidey house, three wooden shelves, hay, food, glass water bottle, and bedding. His bottom pan in like 1 inch deep with wire over it. He also has lots of cardboard and stuff to chew.
The reason I'm telling you is so you can give me some advice on something I'm doing wrong?
Also a question:
1. He is very light gray (nearly white, but noticably grey) with pink freckley ears. I don't have pictures as of now. Can someone tell me what type he is?

Glad you got a chin with a great personality!
Make sure that he has plenty of places to rest his feet if you have a wire bottom.

Yaaay, I'm glad you and your chinny are already good friends! :) make sure to give him lots of downtime during the day so he has time to rest.
Please post pictures immediately!

Congratulations!! It's great that he's so comfortable with you on the first day!! Many people are probably envious of you!!

As for his color it sounds like he's a beige since he has pink, freckled ears?

Wow! That's amazing that he is so friendly with you that quick!! Sounds like you are gonna have a happy relationship!

Good luck! I agree to post pics soon!

Yaaay, I'm glad you and your chinny are already good friends! :) make sure to give him lots of downtime during the day so he has time to rest.
Please post pictures immediately!
:):) Me too! And yup, I'm at school during the day and I'm going to shut off the lights and blinds so he can relax. :)

Congratulations!! It's great that he's so comfortable with you on the first day!! Many people are probably envious of you!!

As for his color it sounds like he's a beige since he has pink, freckled ears?
Mhmm, I'm super excited about him! And it would be very cool if he was a beige. :) I'll get pictures up asap! :)

Haha, I know, I know! My camera takes so long to upload pics, so I'm waiting for a good time to do it!
EDIT: This was ment for ChinnyMom! :)

Last edited:
Congrats! It is exciting when you get your first chinchilla. Glad you two are getting along so well. I agree about color-sounds like he may be beige, but can't tell without pictures.

Sounds like a great chin! The first day of mine, he would bark liek crazy if you even walked near his cage! Then again, he jsut got out of a 2-3 hour car ride with my brother and his kids. So im sure he was pissed.

The fact that your didnt chew everything imaginable is amazing in itself. At least to me. Mine litterly will tear off and eat the paint right off the walls if they can!

Sounds like a great chin! The first day of mine, he would bark liek crazy if you even walked near his cage! Then again, he jsut got out of a 2-3 hour car ride with my brother and his kids. So im sure he was pissed.

The fact that your didnt chew everything imaginable is amazing in itself. At least to me. Mine litterly will tear off and eat the paint right off the walls if they can!
Thanks!
Oh, haha! Mine barked in the middle of the night when I had a friend over! So weird!
Yeah my guy doesn't seem to chew anything... he just runs around with no purpose! (except if he finds something wood haha)

Latest posts

Back