Finally finished Tiko's Cage! Input needed.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittany85

Tiko's Mom
So I am finally happy with the way Tiko's FN 182 looks :)
I have only had him a few weeks so I would love to hear input from anyone, I hope I did everything up to chin standards. :)

The top level is his main hangout spot. He usually sleeps in his log house. His food is also up there as well as hay and some chew toys.
The next level down has a cardboard tunnel, a lava ledge, his water, and a 'chew mobile' with loofa chews.
The bottom level has a 'Chin Hut' and a Timothy Hay house as well as a hammock he doesn't like.
The floors are fleece liners (fleece with a towel underneath) and I used metal binder clips (no they are not plastic lol).

The only thing I want to change is get him a glass water bottle. I was going to get more hammocks but he doesn't like them so I decided against it. Other than that I hope to add some pine shelves later on.

Feedback is welcome!! :)

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 87
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 57
The only thing I would suggest is at least one shelf between the ledge and the floor. No really essential, but would make it more lively and quieter as the chin will not be dropping down 14 inches from the ledge.

Looks good I like the fleece liners on everything ,my only negative is the timothy hay house . I had one for my chin and she loved hiding in it and chewing it but I didn't feel like it was sanitary . Because she spent so much time in it she pooped and peed in it a lot and the poop would get stuck in between the hay and I didnt like the idea of her chewing hay she peed on, so I ended up throwing mine away and just opting for a wooden house . But it may work for you it just didnt for me .

Have you tried hanging the hammy tight up against a ceiling ? My girls won't use hammys unless it's 2-3" from the top, and taught it looks odd untill they get in and it stretches out then it looks perfectly normal.

Looks good tho. I'm also in Canada, check out canadian chinchilla forum you can see some of my custom work on there, toys, perches, hay, boxes, houses ect a few more things would fill in the extra space and some natural perches would make it more fun :)

Thanks guys! I will move the lava ledge to give him a jumping ledge!

Also the Hay house, I've yet to see him touch it but I was thinking if he does ever pee in it I will cut out the bottom.

And yes melbur I'd love to get some more perches and toys! I will check that site out,

Its a great forum for us Canadians with many people from Ontario, so when you can't find some thing you need some times it helps to ask some one in your area :)

Latest posts

Back