Finally :D

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another thing too, with the superpet bottles, is to ensure the spout/balls are functioning properly. one time Guss's water bottle wasn't giving out any water when he was trying to drink. not sure what the issue was, but now whenever i am in the chin room i tap the end of the water bottle spouts with my fingertip to ensure water is coming out.

momenteller: we just marked the bottle before you commented lol. we only put half a cup in the dish so that way we could tell if she's eating it or not. just for right now til we can get a scale. she chowed down on her hay though. we went to our feed store today and they only sell Alfafa Hay so we have to find a local feed store that has Timothy Hay. She's on Kaytee Timothy Hay right now (thats what her owner had her eating for hay).

Shooper: She loves her fleece tube. She's been in it for about two hours now.

We bought her some lava bites to see if she likes them, but so far she'd rather be in her tube than do anything lol.

Also her owner used Kaytee's Blue Cloud Dust. Should we use that until we get the Blue Cloud dust (which should be sometime this week) or just wait? Now that i have her, i feel like i'm forgetting all the chinchilla information i've learned lol.

I don't think you'll be able to tell much by weighing the pellets in a half-cup measurer, but I understand its only temporary. If she is eating hay, that is perfectly fine. If you can't find good hay near you, you may want to consider ordering online. I order from Kleenmama's Hayloft and its excellent quality.

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but if it says Blue Cloud on the label, it is THE Blue Cloud. Petsmart and PetCo both sell it now in different packaging. The rumor was Kaytee dust used to be Blue Sparkle, so either way the Kaytee dust isn't the worst. It is just marked up quite a bit so not super economical, but with only one chin it shouldn't be bad.

Congrats! She's adorable! I thought you had one already as well! Too funny!

For the water bottles, I stretch out my springs, clipping one end on the bottom left, and the other about 4 inches higher on the top right. Works like a charm.

I can't wait to see more pics as she warms up to you!

okay, i think we're just gonna order timothy hay from a vendor on here. just cause i know she likes timothy hay and i don't want to change her hay and then her not eat it.

I'm thinking she likes the show Storage Wars. i had fallen asleep watching CSI, she was in her tube and had her butt facing me. i woke up and storage wars was on, i looked at the cage and she's facing the tv watching it. As soon as i turned the channel to Jerry Springer, she turned around and had her butt facing me again.. lol

She is sooooooooooooooooooooo cute :) im so excited for u , , , what names are you thinking about?

I second the suggestion for Kleenmamas hayloft. My babies LOVE her hay, especially blue grass

More pictures needed

honestly i don't know any names right now. we haven't seen much personality from her, so the naming process may take awhile.

sorry about the cage being in the way but i didn't wanna freak her out.
she loves this tube! thanks Shooper :)
DSC02409.jpg

her previous owner wasn't around much since both her and her husband are in the air force. and her husband is deployed at the moment. so she never had any time for her.

but we hope to boost that shyness outta her when the time is ready

Latest posts

Back