Ferret nation replacement to downsize

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tillygizmo

My kids have 4 feety's
Hi all, I am moving and need to downsize my chin cages by a lot. I have 2 sets of fn142s right now. All but one of the chins are older (10+) and are less active anyway. Any recommendations ? No bonded pairs, all seperate. I looked into feisty ferrets but am not sure if the levels can remain seperate. Thanks !

The feisty ferret can't physically be speperated in half, but it can be divided by blocking off the hole in the middle if that's what you're trying to do.

The Quality cages chinchilla condo can be stacked 3 high. It does take up about the same amount of space as the ferret nation stack, though. With either, I would recommend building a wheeled platform for them instead of the stand. That way, the top cages are not too tall for you to reach. I have 5 stacks like this and they work great for me. the picture below is of my set up over a year ago. Now we are in a different house and the chins have an entire basement to themselves and their things. If you do what we did, you will need to zip tie the cages together so they do not slide around and you will also need to do the same to the base you make. We have had no issues with the chinchillas chewing up the zip ties.

Attachments

• P1015495.jpg
    P1015495.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 16
That's awesome ! Are those less wide than the ferret nation ?
The Quality cages chinchilla condo can be stacked 3 high. It does take up about the same amount of space as the ferret nation stack, though. With either, I would recommend building a wheeled platform for them instead of the stand. That way, the top cages are not too tall for you to reach. I have 5 stacks like this and they work great for me. the picture below is of my set up over a year ago. Now we are in a different house and the chins have an entire basement to themselves and their things. If you do what we did, you will need to zip tie the cages together so they do not slide around and you will also need to do the same to the base you make. We have had no issues with the chinchillas chewing up the zip ties.

Additionally, how would you recommend I sell the FN if I replace it (shipping as the main issue)? I have never done that before,

Back