Ferret Nation pans broke in shipping

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daina91880

I opened up the box of my brand new Ferret Nation, and put it together. I was so excited since my girls are coming home on Saturday. After it was all done, I took the pans out of the plastic bags they were wrapped in, and both were broken!

I emailed Midwest to ask if they will replace them, but I haven't heard back yet. Has this happened to anyone else? Did you get replacements? Perhaps if they had taken more care and wrapped them in bubble wrap, they may have made it, but with the weight of the cage pieces and the lack of protection, I'm not surprised they cracked.

I'm annoyed. This means the girls will have to hang out in their smaller cage a bit longer than they would have. I hope Midwest fixes this.

Are they broken in 2 pieces - if so I would put them in and cover with fleece until you get replacement. Actually the best thing is to get 'Bass metal pans' instead. It means more money but they are soo much better and the chins can't chew them. Just use the search button of "bass Pans' and you should find the website for them.

Midwest is replacing them for no charge. I did order some fleece liners, but the broken spots are arund the edges. Now, of course, I want to get the Bass pans, since I've seen them. Either way, I'll have pans eventually :)

It had happened to me, too. Called them up and they said tohe same thing - we will send them, no charge. Waited two weeks and they never came. Called again and they finally arrived a week later. This seems to happen to a lot of people, you would think, they learn and would wrap them better.... Hope yours arrive faster. I just wrapped the broken ones in fleece and no problem.

Same thing happened with mine when we got them in the mail yesterday. I'm going to call midwest monday first thing. Same thing as OP, broken around the edges. Not too annoying since we put liners over them, but still not what I'd expect after paying that much. Also, some of the brackets where the pins slide in were bent, but gave them a little love and everything was fine. Glad I'm not the only one with this problem though.

Their customer service was very good. They had me send them my receipt, so since I ordered it online, I just emailed it to them, and they are sending me new pans, no problem. They need to do something to cushion them better in shipping. Good luck with your call!

Their customer service was very good. They had me send them my receipt, so since I ordered it online, I just emailed it to them, and they are sending me new pans, no problem. They need to do something to cushion them better in shipping. Good luck with your call!

Same exact thing here. Just went through it all yesterday.

Sounds like they may have swapped to a more rigid plastic for the pans. I still have my plastic pans from when I got my FN, and they are pretty flexible and resilient. I even used one as a sled last year when we had some snow.

Back