Ferret Nation Cover

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently have my back and partial sides covered with fleece, I like the way these look. I'm interested in also in what people think.

I currently have fleece covering one side of the cage, but it isn't attached properly so it kind of droops and just looks really sloppy :( Definitely helps with the mess though!

If it was fleece it would work but I wouldn't buy that one for chins because of the material. They could easily chew it and I wouldn't risk it. I have one of those that I use for a different type of animal and I do like it but the material isn't safe for chins (I wish it was cause they are nice). If you or someone you know can sew your best bet would be to make one out of fleece. There are 2 front panels that are split in the middle and then again on each of the front sides that can roll up for access to the doors.

Shelly, or Shooper is her name in this forum, does fleece items and can make the covers. There are also a couple of the vendors in the classifieds section of the "items for sale" area that make fleece items such as this. Just go to the Grandmaster Supply List and you'll find a few different options for getting your fleece made, not to mention Shooper. :)

Thanks! I'll look for someone on here to make it. I wouldn't cover the cage completely, I would leave the side with the doors open. Would that be okay?

Most covers that I see made for chin cages just cover the roof and the back to ensure good ventilation. I would be really hesitant to cover all sides but when :S

Thanks! I'll look for someone on here to make it. I wouldn't cover the cage completely, I would leave the side with the doors open. Would that be okay?

Back