Ferret nation 142 stand

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godofgods

Anyone know where i could get just the stand/wheels part of a FN 182? I have a two story cage in the box still. But i was considering maybe separating it into two separate cages. But i need them a bit off the ground. (And not on top of each other.) But i cant find anywhere that sells parts for these things.

There are no parts for the 142. They stopped making them when they switched to the 182. You might be able to pick up a used 141 or 142 but that is about it.

If you are looking for 180 not 140 stand you might able to contact the company for it but odds are low. If they don't sell it in stores they probably don't have extra produced and they'd end up stuck with a 181 that has no stand instead of you. I would just build a wood stand. Setting it up with castors might be a little complicated but otherwise it's just a box with 4 pieces on top, 4 pieces on bottom, 4 legs, and a piece that spans the bottom for stability. Lowes here will even cut the wood to the correct size for you. If your chins will not be loose around the cage you can coat it in polyurethane or enamel for water proof protection and then it will wipe clean and sterilize just like plastic. That's how we build our hedgehog breeding cages since they don't chew.

We also have a 142 with no stand sitting on a dog crate. Whatever works.

bah... i always mix those numbers up. I have two - two story FN 142 cages that my chins are in. And when petsmart had that blow out type sale of there's at the end of last year, i bought two - two story 182 cages. I didn't realize that until a few weeks late since i haven't opened them yet. But i keep mixing the numbers up now.

Ill be moving soon. My chinchillas and my ferrets will have there own room together. My ferrets are in these plastic type cages. They've never done well with larger ones, but they've never had one with the horizontal space like a FN has. But im hesitant in putting one of them in a FN cage since he has a cataract in each eye and his sight is bad. Im not sure i want to change his environment on him.

But the new room is being redone to serve as a chinchilla play room as well. I don't want to let chins out with a cage that's ground level with a ferret. Since both ferrets live separately now, i was thinking about putting one in each of the FN levels. But putting those lvls side by side so they can still see each other. - But only one stand in a box obviously.

Back