Female Tail Wagging?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightDaze

FullmetalAlchemist Junkie
I'm unsure of where I should post this, I'm sorry.
I'm absolutely stumped by this one. My chin, Pika, has made a habit of cooing and wagging her tail when I pet and talk to her. I've repeatedly looked for an answer of what it could mean, but I keep getting mixed opinions.
I know males do it as part of their mating dance thing, but Pika is undoubtedly a female. I heard from one place its a sign of displeasure, and from another its a sign of excitement.

Thanks to anyone to can help me! This is driving me crazier than I already am! lol

I have no idea why they do it but Maggie does it too. She seems like she is happy when she is doing it.

Dotty does a tail wag, i think she does it because shes happy and usually does it when Lola goes over to cuddle :)

my chin wags her tail to but doesnt coo. usually when happy

I have a chin that does it as well but she usually does it when she knows she is going to get her treat!

so it's kinda like when a dog wags it tail? does that mean that if you do a scritch on the right spot, they'll do the feet tapping thing too? I wanna see that :)

I have yet to see one tap their feet when scratched, but most will move to the most accessible position and raise a paw, close their eyes, and/or tilt their head.

Bubbles does this too! She does it and makes a crying type of a noise and does it and doesnt make any noise at all. I know when she cries and does it, it means she doesn't really want to be fussed! But the other time maybe she does it because she's excited and happy :D

Back