Feisty ferret cage owners!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittneyk13

Daisy🌺
So I need some advice on what I should do for flooring. I had linoleum in there but when I got home work I saw she had chewed a little piece of it (she has had this type of floor for 7 months now and this is the first time). I then went and bought fabric to cover the linoleum, that way she couldn't get to it anymore. I used industrial strength velcro to hold it down but of course she found away to rip it up and chew on the Velcro now. :facepalm: now I don't know what to do...please help! she is very smart so once she learns how to rip things up so fast! And once she knows that she can that's all she wants to do!!

What size would I need for it to fit snug? and what type of tiles should I use?

That, I am not sure of. I imagine granite pieces would work. I just bought two big tiles for like $8.

I would just measure the cage and go from there. I have CN's myself.

Is there not a pan in the cage? You might be able to order one from Bass Pans, if it didn't come from one. If it came with a plastic pan, you can get a fleece liner to cover it similar to a pillow case going over a pillow.

Or ceramic or granite tile would work.

There is a base pan on the bottom level that I could cover but i still have the upper level (I kept the middle grate in). I got some tile at Home Depot so once I have them all fitting right I will post pics! Thanks for the advice!

I have both CN cages and a Fiesty ferret. I use 1 inch pine boards. The kind you make shelves with and fleece pads. That way if they chew the edge its ok because its wood

Latest posts

Back