Feeders and hay racks for FN

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shieldmaidenjen

Hi all,

I've started using fleece liners in my Ferret Nations, and the chins are learning to be potty trained (yay!).

However I need a hay rack/holder and/or feeder for them all because they are dragging their hay all over the place; I've been using glass bowls for the hay while I was getting my FNs set up and ordering new supplies so I'm sure you can imagine what this has lead to.

Suggestions for hay racks? I know the chins are going to make a mess no matter what I buy but I'd love to hear personal opinions and stories about certain products. In your experience, what is the best hay rack or holder? Is there a particular bowl for their pellet food that might help make things neater? (Neater - HA! I'm probably being delusional to ask.)

I am seeing recommendations for the Super Pet Scatter-less ceramic bowls that you attach to the side of the cage for the pellets but I am not finding much on hay racks.

Thank you for your input!
Jenn

There area some vendors here that make hay holders. I got mine from Christine at Twilight Chinchillas. It's really sturdy and holds just enough hay. It's also shaped like B-Mo from Adventure Time and custom painted. She is an amazing artist. My boys still pull all the hay out every night to find the perfect piece though, they are jerks like that. In my other cage I have a coffee mug that I fill with hay, that also gets dumped every night. I usually pull a handful of hay out of each cage in the mornings.

I also purchased from Christine at Twilight Chinchillas! I got the hay rack with the stick holder attached as well. It's wonderful! Very sturdy and well made, and she does the coloring and designing how ever you want! Very happy with it :) Here's a photo of the one that I have:
3329g95.jpg

If I put that many sticks in my boys' cage, I'd wake up the next day to them all chewed to bits!
Here's a pic of the hay holder on top, a bed, and a two-story house that Christine made for me. The hay holder attaches to the side of the cage and holds the perfect amount of hay for one day. It's all food grade dye and safe for them to chew on, and they have. It's also sturdy enough that they can sit on top, which they do and then reach down to the space below to get hay out.

Attachments

• IMAG0962.jpg
    IMAG0962.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I'd get a hay rack from Christine too! For a food container, I use coop cups that attach to the side of the cage. I use them in my FNs and runs.

Latest posts

Back