Feed Stores that Sell Mazuri?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeoMonster

Does anyone know of a feed store (either a chain or somewhere in southern NY) that sells Mazuri? I would love to buy from someone on here but after shipping and everything the price just isn't worth it when my local PetSmart sells it. I only have one chin so it's not like I'm going through bags of it, it's just a pain in the *** to drive home from college to get food for the little one.

I googled feed stores and came up with
Tractor Supply
Agway
Red Barn

But I can't find anything on their sites.

Did you check the Mazuri Dealer Locator? http://mazuri.com/Home.asp?Products=2&Opening=4

I would call a dealer before you go to see if they have chinchilla pellets in stock, if not they can probably order it for you.

Also see if you can find a local breeder who feeds Mazuri, maybe they can sell you a bit even if they don't normally sell supplies. Since you only have one chin, you'd be wasting a lot of pellets since the feed stores will most likely only get the 25 pound bags and you should only use it for 3 months or so.

Last edited:
I dont know where you are located in NY but I buy my Mazuri chinchilla at Feed n Seed near Oneonta, NY. I don't know of any where else in the southern tier that sells it.

I would go on the Mazuri website and look at the dealers page. I was surprised how many feed stores around this area sell it - and most of them are smaller family-owned places. I would call, though, before you head out. The place I use to get mine used to not always have it in stock, but now that I purchase from them, they make sure to have 5+ bags in stock at all times.

Where are you located? I also buy mazuri from a local feed store, I am in Addison Ny. If you are close you could get some from me.

Often times you have to ask to have it ordered. Unfortunately they usually get it in 25# and 50# only at the feed stores.

Omg such big bags, and I didn't know they had a lookup page where I could find dealers, i'll have to check it out.

And as for where in NY, I know oneonta is really far north for me. I'm in orange county, but I go to school in Poughkeepsie (hour south of Albany). I'm not sure where Addison is, but I feel like it is quite north as well.

Latest posts

Back