fear or pain sound?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabe

so I've had my chin for about 4 months now. He's a very happy and spoiled 6 yr old male. Last night out of nowhere he made the most terrifying sound. I thought he had fallen or crushed himself or I don't know what. I flew outta bed to his cage and he ran from the bottom level by his wheel to the 5th floor no problem. Got right to my eye level and so I pet him and checked his sides, looked around the cage for blood or anything out of the ordinary. Everything was fine. He started eating , then hopped back down to run on the wheel. I figuared well he just scared the crap outta me because he was bored. That was at 1am. Needless to say I was then awake til 430ish. At 5am he did it again! So again I flew outta bed checked him and the cage. all is well. 10am he does it again. Now my boyfriend said Wow he's got you totally trained. He knows if he makes that noise you'll come running. To that I say of course if he makes that noise I'll come running every time. I tried to look up the sound and it sort of sounds like the warning call but higher and not as many squeaks just like two. There was no noise going and he's used to the dog. (he even sits on her back). I thought it was the fear and pain noise but the link doesnt work so I don't know for sure. So many question is if everything else was fine and normal , was he just bored and wanted my attention?

Probably the chinnie death scream. I hate that in the middle of the night - wakes me up every time and I've had them around for a long time. I am guessing they do that much like when they bark - because something startled them.

Chia used to do this A LOT. I thought she was hurting herself when playing but she would act normal instantly. It's been a while since its happened, but I think in my case she may have been embarrassed her fall and made a pain noise - like when people are embarrassed by walking into something or tripping and exaggerate the pain a bit so people don't laugh at them..

If all looks fine, then he's probably fine! :) it scared me a lot too, I'd jump out of bed just like you.

I thought that noise was my air unit for a while since it's right near the chin room untill I was actually in the room when it happened.....Silver usually makes it when Dragon jumps down from a shelf and lands on top of him :S

Ok good at least he's not the only one. He hasn't made the noise since. Still just as happy as he's always been. It's just such a frightening noise to hear them make.

Back