Fabrics help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardinggamer

So I just got a cage, Ferret Nation cage, and it came with a cover for the ramp going to the second level. It says 100% polyester. Can someone tell me if this is safe? the ramp is metal so I am not worried to much about not being able to use it but I would still like to cover it to prevent my chins feet from getting caught in it.

Please let me know if it is safe to use.

My bf's rats have the FN cage, and I'm fairly certain that the ramp covers are fleece, which is made from polyester.

My bf's rats have the FN cage, and I'm fairly certain that the ramp covers are fleece, which is made from polyester.

Thank you. I googled it and no one said for sure what it was so I had to ask here. I am going to replace it eventually anyway when I get the money because it doesn't fit my theme but for now I was worried about it.

chins really dont need a ramp, you could just leave it out... besides, if your not absolutely sure it is fleece I wouldn't take the chance.

chins really dont need a ramp, you could just leave it out... besides, if your not absolutely sure it is fleece I wouldn't take the chance.

Well at the moment there are no shelves or anything and I will only have a few at first so getting to that level would be a bit of a jump for Rin. Judging by what I hear fleece kinda rips off in chunks and not strands which this one does so I am more then 50% sure its fleece. although that's only if I am judging it right with that chunks thing.

Just to answer my own question.
I just found out all the fabric stuff for the ferret nation cages are fleece. I didn't see it anywhere but when I looked at Nation Accessories thing that came with the cage it says they are.

you'd be surprised how high they can jump. But as long as it is fleece then it would be fine.

I have one more question concerning this topic.

I have a plush companion cube that I got from thinkgeek a while ago and I was wondering if plush things are ok for chinchillas? I have a snuggie which i am almost positive is fleece and it looks the same as the plush cube.

Nope. The fleece part is fine, but that embroidery is going to come right off with a few little nibbles.

That said, if you really want to run with the Portal thing (which I think is hilarious, btw) some of the custom fleece artists on here would probably make one for you without the stitching accessible. Check with Handbag's mom; she gets pretty creative with snuggle toys. :)

I'm guessing the stuffing is probably bad. So if your chin manages to chew a hole into it, that could be a problem.

I will ask in the items wanted section when I get the money. thank you for letting me know.

I am not really going for a portal themed cage but my cage is pretty empty right now and I wanted more stuff in it so I wanted to see if that would work since my little Rin would be able to cuddle with it and play with it even though its probably bigger then him/her. I will just wait and get him one of the chinchilla cuddle buddy dolls. and then one day get more stuff =P

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back